Sic Bo’s history stretches all the way back to Ancient China, and has spread all over the world in offline and online casinos. It’s a great blend of chance and shrewd betting, so it’s perfect for the sophisticated players of today. Online Sic Bo games are really well-rendered and will completely immerse you. They’re also very convenient and rewarding to play. If you’re interested in learning the basics, the guidelines here are a great place to start.
Basic Sic Bo Principles
In land-based games a specially designed vibrating platform, called a Dice Shaker, is used to roll 3 dice. In online Sic Bo games this is beautifully simulated with great graphics, and Random Number Generation is used to keep everything fair. Before the dice are rolled you need to bet on how they will land, with over 50 combinations being possible. Using 3 dice means Sic Bo has much greater odds than more common 2-dice game, but the payouts are also much greater. It’s high-octane gameplay in every way.
There are definitely tactical decisions to be made in Sic Bo, but since the rolling of the dice is essentially always up to chance strategy centres on the wagers that you decide to place and how much money you put down. The possibilities available to you are listed below.
- One, Two or Three of a Kind: a predicted number appears on 1, 2 or 3 of the dice faces.
- Any Three of a Kind: Any number appears on each die
- Duo: 2 different predicted numbers appear on 2 dice
- Small and Big Bets: Sic Bo actually translates as Small Big, and the name probably comes from these bets. Different areas of the Payout Tables are called Small and Big, and bets placed here pay out even money when you win. A Small Bet stipulates that the sum of all three dice will be a specific number from 4 to 10, except when Three of a Kind is rolled. Big Bets work in the same way, for totals from 11 to 17
- You can also put money on whether the dice will have an odd or even total, except when Three of a Kind is rolled
All possible betting choices are displayed on the online Sic Bo pay tables, and online guide showing you the odds and House Edge for each wager also make your decisions a little easier. As a general rule of thumb, the higher the odds, the greater your potential payout and you always need to weigh this up against your budget and how lucky you’re feeling. The odds for Three of a Kind, for example, are 1 in 216, but the return is 150:1 and can really be life-changing.
More Rewarding All the Time
Playing Sic Bo online means you have limitless resource at your fingertips, and you can apply any tips and tricks as soon as you learn about them. As you become more involved in the game online, you’ll find dedicated websites and chatrooms and will soon be part of the online Sic Bo community. Your appreciation and insights will just get better, which is nothing but good news for your bets and your wins.